- By mason
- Aug 22, 2017
- 0 Comment
Back to school time means that fall pictures are right around the corner!
All About Kids is working with Lifetouch again this year to create the ultimate fall picture. Lifetouch offers immediate printing of proofs on the picture ordering sheet, the same day as pictures are taken!
Lifetouch offers some tips to remember for picture day.
- Help your child pick out clothes and colors that look good on them. After all, your child is the star of the photo—not their shirt, so avoid slogans, logos, and big patterns. Small jewelry and accessories are fine but nothing too big or distracting. Make sure to check your flyer to see sample poses for your Picture Day. Some poses may show pants or skirts, so plan the complete outfit.
- Glasses are okay! Lifetouch photographers know all the tricks to reduce glare.
- Any hairstyle works for Picture Day. Schedule haircuts a few weeks ahead of time to allow hair to grow back a little, or you can go for a fresh-cut look.
- Keep kids relaxed and ready to be themselves. Smiles can look fake if they’re practiced ahead of time. Remember, smiles are like french fries—they’re better when they’re fresh.
- Don’t worry about “perfect”! That hair that always sticks up or a missing tooth shows your child just as they are right now—and you’ll enjoy looking back on that for years to come. On Picture Day, teachers and volunteers will help straighten collars and check posture. And, if you like, we have retouching options for scrapes and blemishes
Below you will find the link to some coloring pages about picture day! This would be a great way to start the conversation with your child. Preparing your little one for picture day could help them feel more comfortable when smiling for the camera!